Are you prepared?

Preparedness Pantry Blog Food Storage Analyzer™

Monday, January 10, 2011

Little Britches Dishcloth pattern

Britches Dishcloths


Size H hook
4 ply 100% Cotton Yarn
Ribbon for joining

Make 2 cloths to make the britches


Row 1: ch 28, counting the loop on the hook, dbl crochet in 3rd ch from hook and in each st across, (27 dc)

Row 2: Ch 2, counts as first dc now and throughout, turn, dc in each st across (27 dc)

Row 3-14: Repeat row 2. Finish off.

Fold each dishcloth in half and thread ribbon through second from the bottom row, gather and tie a bow in each. this will form the bottom of the "britches" leg. Then thread ribbon through second from top row starting on the front and continuing around and connecting both dishcloths in the back and continuing around to the front. Gather and tie to form waist of pants. Tie one more ribbon 4 or 5 rows from waist connecting both together to form fly.



Attach the following poem and they are ready to give away:

Now don't get excited,
Don't be misled.
These aren't for you,
But our dishes instead.

Just pull on the bow,
Take out the stitches,
You've gained two dishcloths,
But, you've lost your....britches.



6 comments:

2 Live The Message said...

This is one of the cutest things that I've seen. I will do this TONIGHT! Can't wait to see the recipient's faces. Thank you so much for posting this! God abundantly bless you.

Ann said...

I had seen this years ago at a craft sale and have been kicking myself ever since for not buying one! Thanks so much for this adorable pattern!

Lee Ann said...

This is an adorable idea! Many thanks! :)
______
Lee Ann H
Crochet...Gotta Love It! Blog
Crochet...Gotta Love It! Website (crochet names and rosary patterns)

Minny said...

My mom used to make these using the waffle weave dish cloths. Thanks for posting the crochet version of them. I'll be making some for sure.

Unknown said...

I am going to make for a payoff party this fall and I love this pattern thanks for sharing, question does this take one ball or two? Thank you.

MsCactus - Vegas said...

My Mother made this for me back in the 70's and I had it in my hope chest. Since then I have made this same Pair of Britches and Poem for all my 5 Kids, when they all got married. I must admit, it probably wasn't the same Crochet Pattern, but definitely the same Poem, that I have thought to be the cutest thing ever.