Are you prepared?

Preparedness Pantry Blog Food Storage Analyzer™

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Look at the mess you've gotten me into!

That's what I said to myself after ordering this -
It is a "Meggie", a kick spindle~  Today, if we can drag our very tired bodies out & into town, I will get a hands-on teaching session on how to spin fiber into yarn.  Yet I already have two, TWO, drop spindles that I love, and have ordered the Meggie from Heavenly Handspinning  AND I have 3 pounds of fiber, roving, to spin.  The Meggie's price is great, she is very portable, takes up almost no space, and can be sat on the floor or a table to use.  In our cramped living space, she is perfect.  I wonder what her name will be . . . My spindle #1 is Betsy Mae, spindle #2 is Jenny (Jennifer gifted her to me, so she had to be named after Jen).  Naturally my Meggie will have to have a name too~:o)

Some may say, "Yep, she's lost it for sure this time."  Others would  know that this is an ancient art that I have wanted to learn for more years than I can count.  And that's true.  I don't have a clue as to why I waited until I was 66 years old to learn, but I do plan to have a total blast with it now!

When I produce some yarn worth showing, I will post photos.  I have some very pretty roving, so if today's lesson goes well, maybe I will get to post some soon~

No comments: