Are you prepared?

Preparedness Pantry Blog Food Storage Analyzer™

Saturday, June 23, 2012

I LOVE RAKs!

A box came in, one that I had not ordered.  No one else here had ordered it either.  I opened it and was brought to tears immediately.  It was a RAK (Random Act of Kindness) by a member or my Ravelry group.

She had sent yarn to me, for making the baby, preemie, and preemie angel things for the hospital.  And was most generous too!  How does one thank a person for doing such a kind and wonderful thing?

Here is a photo of the yarn she sent -


It is all Caron's Simply Soft, which is the yarn that the hospital requested.  I can also use Caron's Natura Pounder yarn.  There is enough yarn here to keep me busy for a good while before running out!

A summer of hooking for a good cause awaits me with the gift of this yarn!   Thank you so much Jennifer!

2 comments:

Barb said...

What a wonderful thing to do! Karma will reward Jennifer well. And you for the good work that you do.

Unknown said...

what a lovely gesture. Everybody is so busy, humm, I guess I will get outside and do something like work too. Maybe I will pour a cup or 2. No now, not what you are thinking, I mean pour some mud into a mold and make a coffee mug or ?