Are you prepared?

Preparedness Pantry Blog Food Storage Analyzer™

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Moving within the home is a pain in the Everywhere!

Our adult daughter has lived with us for the past few years, and just recently moved into her own apartment.  So we are in the process of moving, but without leaving home~

My old yarn room is going to become the pantry we never had, and my new yarn room is being set up in the den which was her room for those years.  The room is much larger, and better lit than my old yarn room, thanks to this room having 8 windows.

Currently it looks a bit like this - - -

And that's just one side of the room!  So it may take me a good while to locate specific yarn, or pattern, or magazine, or even the container of buttons that I need to finish the new curtain tie-backs that I'm crocheting.

But when it is finished, it will be my Happy Room!  A place that I can go to just to sit in my rocking chair, and enjoy being surrounded by yarn and projects in various stages of completion.  In other words, my dream room~

And possibly the best thing of all, our daughter likes her apartment and likes doing things her way, when she wants to do them. So I don't even have to feel guilty about using "her room" for my yarny goodness.  Besides, her yarn is out there too!  ~LOL~

2 comments:

Happy Knitter said...

OMG I am so jealous yarn or room take your pick but mostly I just want you to be happy in your happy room.......

My Life in Stitches said...

I am very jealous of your yarn stash! I have limited myself to one large tote of yarn and try very hard to use it instead of buying new. Right now my daughter is learning how to make granny squares. and is using what she finds for a blanket in the camper.